There are those who would argue that the color of a stethoscope has nothing to do with its qualities, and there are those who would go so far as to say that a pink stethoscope does not really fit the serious and down to earth demeanor that a doctor needs to project.
However, that is simply not true because children in general need to feel comfortable in a doctor’s office if that doctor is to have any chance of getting an accurate reading of the child’s heart, blood pressure, even lung capacity.
There is also the fact that being fashionable should not be a quality that disqualifies you as a medical professional.
Finally, there are certain pink stethoscopes that we are going to talk about in this article that were designed and created in a limited special edition to draw attention to the devastating consequences of breast cancer.
So, if any of these arguments hit particularly close to home for you, or if you just want a pink stethoscope for your own reasons, we have put together a list of the very best options you currently have on the market.
1. 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
- Provides reliable acoustic performance for taking blood pressure readings and making limited physical assessments of adult patients
- Tunable diaphragm responds with a simple pressure change to capture low and high frequency sounds
- Tear drop shape for easy fit under blood pressure cuff
- Anatomically designed headset is angled to meet the path of the ear canal
- Nonchill rim and diaphragm provide welcome patient comfort
Given all the incredible technological breakthroughs that have flooded the market, it would seem that the lowly stethoscope is no longer a priority purchase, but, if you have read any of our other articles, you will know just how strongly we disagree.
For that reason, even if you want a pink stethoscope so as to make a fashion statement, we still believe that you should choose a Littmann. It does not have to be a particularly expensive one, though, and we have found that the 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E.
Stethoscope is one of the best unions between the quality of the product and its price. It has that high quality, extra sensitive diaphragm, and you can listen for either high pitch sounds or deep murmurs by just pressing down on the chest piece.
The Lightweight II series also has a very impressive teardrop shape of the chestpiece so you can easily slide it under the blood pressure cuff. There are several other interesting features about this stethoscope, but one final detail about the chestpiece is the fact that it has a non chill rim so it will not put off small children when you press it against their skin.
The earpieces are anatomically design to meet the ear canal, so they create the perfect auscultation conditions.
Finally, we were happy to see that even in their Lightweight series 3M Littmann have included the tube in tube technology that makes sure you will not be troubled by the friction of the 2 tubes together.
2. EMI Sprague Rappaport Dual Head Stethoscope
- Latex FREE tubing and chrome-plated chestpiece Tube Length 22-inch (55 cm) length
- Includes Accessories Pouch with Extra Eartips, Diaphragms and Bells
- Brand: Elite Medical Instruments
- Deluxe Professional Dual Head Sprague Rappaport stethoscope
- Great for nurses and medical professionals!
Our second best choice is that old school favorite, the EMI Sprague Rappaport Dual Head Stethoscope, but in pink. Here you have the classic design of a stethoscope that has remained virtually unchanged from the 1900s, and why should it change?
Of course the manufacturing technology has been greatly improved, and the quality of the materials used is also of a better quality, particularly since they have stopped using leather and replaced it with silicon based materials, but the design is the same.
The EMI Sprague stethoscope uses a classic dual head stethoscope, and, therefore it has 2 dedicated diaphragms for high pitch and low pitch sounds. The ear pieces come with ear tips of different sizes, and you get several backup diaphragms and bells.
In all the auscultation properties of the EMI stethoscope are not as great as those you would get from the Littmann, but they are not half bad, although the EMI is essentially twice as cheap as the 3M Littmann.
3. Prestige Medical 122 Sprague Stethoscope
- Accessories Included: Soft PVC eartips, adult and pediatric diaphragms, pediatric disc and diaphragm assembly
- Overall Length: Appx. 30"
- Weight: Appx. 7.2 oz
- The package dimension of the product is 11.5"L x 5"W x 2.8"H
We just had to mention the Prestige Medical 122 Sprague Stethoscope because it is the direct competitor of the EMI, and, we believe, it is just as good. Even in the design, it uses the classic 2 tube, Sprague setup, and the chest piece is double sided.
The reason why it is just ever so slightly more expensive is that it comes with different chestpiece components for children and for adults.
So you can easily switch from adult to child setup and have the same, high quality experience. In fact, in terms of its very quality, we would have to give the edge to the Prestige stethoscope over the EMI, although they are both still well below the quality level of the Littmann.
Even if you are not in pediatrics, you will certainly find yourself, sooner or later, in a situation where you will need to use the smaller bells and diaphragm. The reason why the Prestige is our third choice is because we are now specifically looking at the best pink stethoscope and its neon pink color is a bit much unless you are actually working as an EMT.
4. 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope, Breast Cancer Awareness Special Edition
- Rose pink
- Length: 27"
- Sold in each
As we have mentioned in the beginning, using a pink stethoscope can be about more than just fashion, it can also be a way to show your support in a very real sense for the fight against cancer, in particular breast cancer.
That is because for every 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope, Breast Cancer Awareness Special Edition, that you buy, Littmann donates $5 to the American Cancer Society. As far as the qualities of the 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope are concerned, we need to point out that this is one of the best stethoscopes currently on the market.
It has made our top 10 choices and we encourage you to read that article if you need further convincing that, even without the Cancer Awareness program, this is the best choice you could make.
5. Ever Ready First Aid Dual Head Stethoscope
- IDEAL FOR DIAGNOSTICS - An excellent general-purpose stethoscope for all manner of medical professionals. Designed to assist doctors, nurses, and EMTs with patient diagnostics and evaluations.
- DUAL-HEAD STETHOSCOPE - Designed for patients of all ages, the stethoscope is made for nurses, doctors and medical students looking for a high-quality stethoscope. The eartubes are both flexible and adjustable to ensure the most comfortable fit for the user. The solidly constructed chest piece allows for superior contact with the patient to provide more accurate readings and evaluations.
- DUAL LUMEN DESIGN - Eliminates the auditory interference that's common in other two tube stethoscopes. The two tubes in one design eliminates the rubbing noise that traditional double tube stethoscopes tend to create.
- ANATOMICALLY DESIGNED - The specially designed headset is made to match the angle of the ear canal for a superior fit that allows for better performance. Large 27-inch length allows you to easily accommodate all patients from infants to adults.
- COSPLAY AND ROLE PLAY - Heighten the fun and realism of your role play and cosplay activities by adding this functioning stethoscope to your outfit to take actual readings. It is durable and available in multiple colors to easily match your clothing.
Finally, we need to discuss a stethoscope that should only be used by people not making life and death decisions. It is not that the Ever Ready First Aid Dual Head Stethoscope is not a fairly good stethoscope, but it simply is not as good as the other stethoscopes we have featured so far.
It does have a lovely pink hue, and its dual head makes it extremely easy to use even for people who have not been trained in how to use the more complex stethoscopes with pressure sensitive diaphragms.